Physical health issues that never would have drawn a second thought become the centre of our thinking as we age. Difficulty seeing objects, sore feet, thinning hair are a few of the common health issues that older adults often experience. However, have you ever thought about seeing a proctologist as a part of your yearly health check-up?
Proctologists are also known as coloproctologist or rectal and colon surgeon. They are responsible for diagnosing and treating issues of the anus, rectum, and overall gastrointestinal tract. People, in general, pay little to no attention to their rectum, colon, or anus, but disorders like haemorrhoids, anal pain, or constipation may appear with ageing. Visiting the best proctologist in UAE is essential for diagnosing and treating problems in your rectum & anus. Here are the reasons when you should consider visiting a proctologist.
Reasons to Visit the Best Proctologist
- You must visit a proctologist if you experience red swelling and pain on the buttocks.
- Consider visiting an expert colon and rectal surgeon if you notice a change in bowel habits or bowel movement size.
- You must visit a proctologist at your earliest convenience if you notice or feel an external anal lump. The best hemorrhoid doctor in Abu Dhabi will thoroughly diagnose the lump and create a treatment plan for it.
- Visiting a proctologist is a good option if you have been told that you are anaemic and the source of your illness is in your rectum, colon, or anus.
- Don’t delay visiting a proctologist if you are suffering from rectal bleeding.
- People who have a strong family history of colorectal cancer or colon polyps can consider visiting a colon and rectal surgeon for a yearly check-up. If you have had polyps in the past, even then, you can consider visiting the surgeon for colonoscopy.
- You can also visit an experienced proctologist for a screening colonoscopy.
- Visiting a colon and rectal surgeon is also essential if you need an operation for colon inflammation (diverticulitis), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), and colorectal cancer.
- You can also see a proctologist if you have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and you want to manage the condition.
- There are plenty of other conditions that require expert diagnosing and treatment from an experienced colon and rectal surgeon.
The Best Proctologist in UAE
I, Dr Rajarshi Mitra, is a full-time specialist general & laparoscopic surgeon at NMC Specialty Hospital Abu Dhabi. I offer laparoscopic management of hernia, gall bladder, appendix, etc. I am a highly regarded and the best proctologist in Abu Dhabi, with the highest number of Google reviews in my peer group. People across the country often visit me to receive the highest quality treatment without burning their pocket. I also offer advanced minimally invasive management for peri-anal problems like fistula, piles, fissures, etc. Kindly visit my service page to get a better idea of my practice.