In situations where hemorrhoid-related symptoms have become unbearable, laser surgery can be used for hemorrhoids treatment.
In some cases, regular medication may not be enough to treat your hemorrhoids. You’ll only have a surgical option then, especially when you have internal hemorrhoids. Remember that you may suffer significant irritation, itching, bleeding, and pain if you do not treat an internal prolapsed hemorrhoid that gets trapped outside the anus.
Hemorrhoids can be removed by a wide variety of surgical methods, laser surgery being among the most effective. Simple and harmless, yet effective, is the laser treatment.
Listed below is a brief description of this procedure so that you will understand what is involved should it be the treatment option you choose.
Laser Treatment for Hemorrhoids
Hardening and scarring of internal hemorrhoids can be treated with laser therapy. A carbon dioxide or laser beam is used to completely vaporize a hemorrhoid. The laser beam has a smaller size, which allows the procedure to be performed with greater accuracy and precision.
Further, the thinness of the laser beam facilitates swift and uninterrupted healing after the procedure. In this case, the procedure is totally painless, so you as a patient will find it to be a very pleasant experience. It is typically individuals with first, second, or even third-degree hemorrhoids in the anal area who undergo this procedure.
How Can Laser Treatment for Hemorrhoids Benefit You?
The procedure is extremely painless and healing is quick. Almost all patients who undergo the procedure do not require hospitalization afterward. This means that you can go home after the procedure the same day.
- The laser procedure doesn’t produce sparks since there isn’t any smoke or steam involved.
- The procedure eliminates a variety of other medical complications due to tissue death, for example.
- It is possible to perform the procedure without damaging the tissue around the region of the hemorrhoid.
- A laser tends to seal the vessels to ensure there will be a minimum of bleeding in addition to preventing bleeding.
This is a very safe procedure, and therefore, the doctor who is performing it prefers it over others since it makes the entire process very convenient. The procedure also speeds up the healing of wounds.
Next, Let’s Look at the Disadvantages of Laser Treatment for Hemorrhoids:
- The operation is expensive due to the high cost of the machinery. For this reason, some hospitals may not have the necessary equipment to conduct laser hemorrhoid surgery.
- For safety reasons, surgeons are required to wear special goggles in order to protect themselves from radiation emitted by these machines.
- Due to laser machines, there is the possibility of rare fires.
- If the bleeding is heavy, the cost of treatment is likely to be more expensive than other options.
Nowadays, the majority of hemorrhoids can be managed without open surgery, through minimally invasive procedures. Almost all surgeries can be done as day surgery since the healing process is so quick.
If you are one of them who is suffering from hemorrhoids and looking for the best doctor in Abu Dhabi, UAE, book your appointment directly with Dr. Rajarshi Mitra.
Call the numbers 0509542791 ( from UAE) or +971509542791 ( from Outside UAE). Go to https://drrajarshimitra.com/surgical-services/ for more details.